We invite input from the community to this Town Hall on Fundamental Symmetries, Neutrinos, and Neutrons in the form of topical white papers. The papers should concisely articulate scientific opportunities, highlighting recent achievements and (most importantly) the path towards discoveries in the next decade and beyond. The papers will be used by the organizing and writing committees to understand overall community efforts, find common themes, and identify new physics opportunities to inform the content of the Town Hall and the subsequent summary white paper. There are no restrictions on scope or scale – we encourage and want to be inclusive of all ideas relevant to our community.
Topical white papers may also include suggestions for Town Hall recommendations or resolutions.
To ensure maximal impact, please keep the length modest and/or include a comprehensive executive summary, limited to 2 pages. White papers should address the following:
- Motivation / physics case and the technique proposed
- Progress and future prospects
- Resources required
- Who is involved
Submit the papers via email to Jon Engel at email@example.com before November 25th, 2022 for maximal consideration during the Town Meeting. We will accept submissions for posting to the website (including final updates to submitted papers) until December 23, 2022.
All papers will be added to the the APS Engage Long Range Plan Web site and posted below.
Current White Papers
A .tar file with all 20 white papers below (updated 2022-12-24)
- The BeEST experiment: 7Be doped superconductors for BSM neutrino physics
- Coherent Elastic Neutrino-Nucleus Scattering (CEvNS) with COHERENT at the Spallation Neutron Source
- Direct Neutrino Mass Measurements with Tritium
- FSNN Theory Workforce LRP 2022
- Fundamental Neutron Physics: a White Paper on Progress and Prospects in the US
- Improved measurements of the electric dipole moment of radium
- Neutrinoless Double Beta Decay
- Neutron Interferometric methods and quantum sensing
- Neutrino-Nucleus Inelastic Scattering at Low Energies with the COHERENT Experiment
- Nuclear β decay as a probe for physics beyond the standard model
- Opportunities in Beyond the Standard Model Physics with Parity-Violating Electron Scattering at Jefferson Lab
- PIONEER: A next-generation rare pion decay experiment
- The Sanford Underground Research Facility
- Searches for Mirror Neutrons as a Path to NNBAR
- Searching for New Physics at the TRIUMF ARIEL Electron-Linac
- The Selena Neutrino Experiment
- Space-based Measurement of the Neutron Lifetime
- Tests of the weak interaction with 8Li and 8B with the Beta-decay Paul Trap
- The TREK Program: Beyond the Standard Model with Stopped Kaons
- Unified treatment of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging in NSAC LRP
Past White Papers
- The 2014 Fundamental Symmetries, Neutrinos, Neutrons and related Nuclear Astrophysics White Paper
- The 2014 topical 'Position Papers'